Sunday, January 9, 2011

Blessed

No words can describe, that is why blogging is so hard. How do I explain the feeling of support from family and friends. Thank you does not seem like enough, but thank you to everyone. Yesterday was amazing to see all the faces, smiles, and well wishes. Old friends and new friends. Some highlights of the 8 hour marathon party would be 1. the fabulous food at my families house 2. When my mom was trying to get me to speak Creole, and came up with the word "poo tang."  She stated when I get off the plane in Haiti to yell the "poo tang is here." I almost peed on myself I was laughing so hard. 3. Brookhaven 4. The LB girls 5 My soccer ball 6. The slow dance with Josie to Micheal Jackson's Man in the Mirror. What an incredible night, because the list goes on.

My only fear, (besides being kidnapped), is that I dissapoint you. Those are the what if's that I think about. What if I fail, what if I come back to soon, what if I cant handle it, what if I dont do any good at all.


Thank you again for all the love and support. I am so  blessed.

JZ

6 comments:

  1. There's no way you can disappoint us. You aren't doing this for us. You're doing it all for the people in Haiti and for God. You've already decided to go because you know it's what is right. So, don't worry about disappointing anyone. We'll be proud no matter how long you stay. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanie- Just being selfless enough to go and give any of your time, energy, help, etc. proves that there is no way you can disappoint anyone. You will do amazing things! You are such an inspiration! Just have fun and don't worry b/c God has a plan! Jeremiah 29:11. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disappoint.....impossible! You are one fantastic lady. I am proud just to say I know you. You will do great things because it is in your heart.
    "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are INCREDIBLE!!!! I love you dearly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember Jeanie, Fail Harder! No shame in that. :)

    Girl, you are going to be such an amazing help to the people of Haiti. If half the volunteers had your energy - watch out! So sorry to have missed the Brookhaven fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I began to respond to the disappointment bit but found that I would merely be joining a chorus. You have great support back on this side of the water, and - take it as luck or take it as a reward for being the person you are - it appears to be unconditional. Do this thing for your self; we're only here to support you.
    -Heath

    ReplyDelete